The CSIR International Convention Centre offers superb facilities and quality service with conference, function and exhibition venues that can accommodate events of 500 to as little as 10 delegates and guests, with groups as large as 1000 being accommodated at times. Additional facilities available are:
- Interpreting booths and equipment in both auditoriums
- VIP holding suite
- First aid facility and optional emergency medical services
- Authors restroom linked to the Diamond Auditorium podium
- Free wifi access throughout all facilities
- Business Centre with free internet access and administrative assistance
- Hotel accommodation booking service
- Transport arrangement service
The Centre offers a range of Conference Packages, which include catering, facilities and equipment. The Centre also offers a wide range of function menus (i.e. cocktail menus, buffet menus, plated menus, braai menus, etc.). Personalised and custom structured packages and menus are available on request.
The International Convention Centre has ample floor space on the ground floor to meet all your conference exhibition requirements. The exhibition space flows from the main foyer area and is therefore ideally located for high visibility. A floor plan of the International Convention Centre ground floor with marked exhibition space is available in the floor plan section.
The Centre is often the chosen venue for many types of special and extraordinary events. Various outdoor areas are available around the outside of the facility which can be used for anything from outdoor exhibits to open air functions. The only limit to the Centre’s capabilities is the chance of lack of imagination and, with our creative staff and database of providers, this limit is eradicated and the sky is the limit!